Interviewer: Hi, how are you? I’m glad you can be here today to help us with our new app. As you know, this testing session will be monitored. I just wanted to confirm that you are okay with this.

Testee: Response

Interviewer: Great. So our app today will be about preflight checklists, and we just wanted to cover some general questions before we move onto the tasks. How long have you been flying?

Testee: Response

Interviewer: What are the best parts about owning your own plane?

Testee:  Response

Interviewer: Can you explain a time when you had to do a preflight checklist before your trip?

Testee: Response

Interview: How did you feel while going through that checklist? What were some of the problems that you encountered while doing it?

Testee: Response

Interviewer: That’s awesome. Are you okay to see the app that we’re building?

Testee: Response

Interviewer: I didn’t build this app, and there are no right or wrong answers for what we’re asking you to do today. What I would ask you to do is to talk about your thought process and how you feel about working through the tasks that we’ve laid out. One of the major things when deciding to fly is where you’re flying from and to. We’d like to see if you can input the departure and arrival airports within our app. 

Testee (works through the app to find the arrival and departure locations)

Interviewer: Perfect great job. Before you fly, pilots have to work through a preflight checklist of items that you have to do. We wanted to know if you could do the same through the app that we have and generate a preflight checklist.

Testee (works through the preflight checklist)

Interviewer: Awesome. Before pilots fly they have to calculate the wind speed they will be flying through. Can you calculate the wind speed through the app that we have?

Testee (works on calculating wind speed)

Interviewer: Great. The last thing that we have is to locate our map that shows where you currently are right now. I was wondering if you could do that within the app.

Testee (works on generating the map with GPS coordinates)

Interviewer: Awesome. You did great! How does the app relate to the general preflight experience before you fly?

Testee: Response

Interviewer: As a pilot if you made this product, what types of features would you include?

Testee: Response

Interviewer: Great. How would you describe this app to your friends who also fly?

Testee: Response

Interviewer: Awesome. I wanted to thank you again for coming today. We have a gift card for you for your time.